
Everything was delivered Friday. On some things, I am one of the most patient people you will find...yet on other things I just can't stand waiting! Tony was working from home on Friday, so that seemed like a good day to get this done. We usually go out to lunch, but they gave us a delivery window of 11-3...guess that means lunch is out (well, we actually went- just really late lol). They did a great job setting it up, but I have to say that it was one of the longest deliveries in history. Daniel stood at the front window and watched them unload the truck. They laid all of the boxes out in the driveway to get everything in order for assembly. I got a kick out of watching Daniel so excited. At one point he said "Um....Mama, exactly how many boxes does it take to make a Pirate bed???" Well, apparently the answer to that is "A Lot"!
Once everything was set up we went to check it out and he of course loved it. We all did. The set we bought was a "Pirates in the Carribean" bunk bed set. Now, I know you are wondering why the bunk bed for one boy.... well, why not? I just think that they are neat and I trumped everyone so there! He says his sister can sleep on the "down bed" if she wants- how sweet! Maybe we'll get her bunk beds in a few years too so she can share hers! Actually he says we can sleep down there if we want to also. After lying down there, I realize how bad WE need new mattresses so I might just take him up on the offer sometime! :-)
Those of you who know Tony, know that he has always liked Batman...and after looking at Daniel's room you have to wonder if it is all for Daniel or for Tony! I think they are both enjoying it immensely. We put up the Batman Fatheads and a few other things to set up the room. We still have the blinds to get and a few odds and ends, but as far as Daniel is concerned...he's all set!
eta. I just showed this to Daniel and he said his bed doesn't look like the one at the store. He says he needs pirate sheets and pillows instead of Batman....better not tell Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment