Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finishing up December...

Well, as I said before, I have been neglecting my blog. Things are starting to slow down and I'm taking a stab at my Photoshop software so I should get caught up soon! For today, I'll post a final blog about Christmas...

We had a GREAT Christmas! Daniel is at a great age where he was in total awe and excitement- it was so fun to watch! Arianna was a little overwhelmed, but took it in stride and followed Daniel's lead. On Christmas Eve, we put out our cookies and milk...well actually I think Santa got a bottle of water. We didn't forget the reindeer either- we left them carrots by the fireplace as well as sprinkled Reindeer food on the lawn! Daniel said we needed to sprinkle LOTS of reindeer food and shared some with the neighbors lawn as well! After that, the kids got into their new PJ's from the Elves (sure was nice of them to wash the pj's as well) and we got settled in to watch a movie. We rented Horton Hears a Who and it was cute- Daniel enjoyed it so that was what mattered anyway. Daniel was so excited about Santa's impending arrival that he would NOT go to sleep! He kept pretending to be asleep but no dice! We were tracking Santa on the internet and he got to San Antoino close to midnight-which happened to be when Daniel dozed off...FINALLY!! Time for Santa to get to work!!

And boy...Santa did not disappoint! I think Daniel woke up around 7:30...maybe one of the last years we are up before him (although we are early birds). I loved seeing his eyes go from half closed sleepy to wide eyed excitement! It was pure joy! He saw the tunnel (who couldn't- it took up half the room) and his Buzz remote control car. Then he quickly found the Batman Batcave that was cleverly hidden behind some boxes. We went at a nice pace and really enjoyed everything... a little nicer than last year where he just ripped packages open and moved on! He of course performed his brotherly duties of opening Arianna's presents while she looked on. The two big things that he asked for were the Batman Batcave and Spike the Dinosaur...he asked for them over and over and over. Well, he had the Batcave, but looked like there was no Spike in his future. Oh but what is that? One last small box for Daniel from Santa. What could it be?? I'm not sure it mattered as it couldn't be Spike in that tiny box- afterall, he's over 2 feet tall. What...a shoebox? What a cruel joke from Santa- nobody likes getting shoes or clothes for Christmas! Oh, but what is in the box??? Hmmm... a remote... a SPIKE remote. He knew instantly what it was and went on the hunt. Spike was quickly found hanging out in the laundry room...and now everything was complete! I couldn't even count how many times Daniel said Thank you that morning to us and to Santa!

So, let's see what were the hits of the day? For Daniel, the Batman Batcave, Spike the dinosaur, an impression maker thing and a Mo toy (from Wall-E) and Vsmile games. For Arianna, it was definitely the Fisher Price Learning home (actually they play with this together), her stacking cups and her toothbrush! They also got joint gifts of a tunnel to crawl through and a musical set- those were both definitely a hit and they love playing with those together! All in all, it was a great morning!



During the holidays, we were also invited to Tony's sisters house to celebrate with his family. His parents, sister and husband and brother, his wife and their 8 month old daughter were all there. We had a nice time and it was fun seeing the 3 kids playing together! We also spent time celebrating with my family as well. In the end, I think it was overwhelming for the kids...but isn't that the way it always is when they are young?

We had a great holiday and hope that you did as well! On to 2009...Happy New Year! We wish you all much health, happiness and prosperity in the new year!

No comments: