Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A day at the zoo!

This is a little overdue...but the pictures are definitely worth posting!! A few weeks ago, we went to the zoo with Daniel's friend from Little Gym along with his Mom and sister. It was a very nice day and we all had a good time! We were very amused at watching the boys run around and scream as if they had never been to the zoo before despite the fact that we all have annual memberships! I'm sure that we'll be taking more trips there this summer as well!

We did a few things on this trip that were firsts for Daniel...but definitely won't be missed on future trips! We let the kids feed the birds which was...well the first word that comes to mind is LOUD! There were lots of chirping birds and lots of screaming kids... but it was fun to watch. I think a few of us were victims of bird bites as well!




I liked this picture of Gloria and Moto Moto from Madagascar (as Sydney explained to us)!



The carousel ride was a big hit with all of the kids! The ride was a little longer than usual, but I don't think any of them minded one bit! This was also a first for Daniel- I'm not sure why we haven't ever ridden it at the zoo before, but I'm sure he won't let his Daddy off the hook next time!


Last up was the train ride! The boys were screaming that it was time to ride the train NOW...even though that meant our trip to the zoo was over. The train ride was a good ending to a nice visit to the zoo! I can still hear Daniel exclaiming "That was AWESOME"...that was the best!



And we're outta here...

If you would like to see a few more pictures, you can look here: Adventures in Aldridge Land. Thanks for the pictures Leslie!

1 comment:

SugarEd Productions said...

Looks like a wonderful day and a wonderful zoo! When we come one day, Jason would like to see it.

The kids all look super cute, and like they are having a great time!

I miss those times when my kids were little.... sigh