Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin carving is something I was always in awe of, but it was one of those things we never got around to doing. So, this year was a first for us! I know we did a few growing up, but I'm sure my parents were nice enough to do the oh so fun "gutting" of the pumpkin as I definitely don't remember that part. I wasn't going to let that unpleasant chore ruin the fun though! My original intent was to do a Mickey Mouse and a Minnie Mouse. But, since these were for the kids, it only seemed fair for Daniel to get to pick his design. And he picked.....Buzz Lightyear (to Infinity and Beyond).

After gutting the insides, Tony and I went to work on tracing the patterns to the pumkins. That of course was a lengthy process that the kids soon lost interest in observing. Buzz proved to be a little tedious with all of the small cutouts. I think that we managed to do a decent job considering it was a first for both of us! Once the cleaning out was done, I really enjoyed working on these together. In the picture of both of us carving, I was holding Arianna at the same time to keep her happy which turned out to be a funny picture-looks like she's inside the pumpkin! Once completed, I lit the candles and turned out all of the lights.... the look on Daniel and Arianna's faces was very rewarding!! This is definitely something we will do again next year!

2 comments:

SugarEd Productions said...

Your pumpkins came out awesome! we have never done the fancy ones like that. Maybe next year. .....na, I would rather take a bullet. The kids look so cute! Have fun tonight.!

Heather said...

ADORABLE awesome children!! BTW, I handed my excellent blogger award, from Jacque at Daisy Lane Cakes over to you, for not only being an excellent blogger, but a downright excellent person. www.cakeskidsandalens.blogspot.com