
Last weekend, we started running again. Well, I guess I should say that I started running again as Tony never really stopped. He is such a better runner than me, but he has said he enjoys the company much better. This weekend, we ran Friday, Saturday and Sunday and managed about 12 miles total. We'll see if we can work back up to 6 miles in one day again! On Friday, we strictly run as Tony has to get back to work. On Saturdays and Sundays, we usually go on longer runs and stop about halfway to let the kids play in whatever park we are near. They enjoy it, but it does make it hard for us to finish out the run after stopping. It has been so hot and humid here so we try to get out there early! One thing that helps us is that I freeze 3/4 full bottles of water and fill them up the rest of the way with water right before we leave. I think about 1.5 miles into the run today they were more than half thawed.
Here are a few pictures I snapped at the parks. Sorry for the blurry looking pictures- at the time we didn't realize the camera was very smudged...that darn Tony ;-) Actually I'm pretty sure it happened in the pool since both kids were having too much fun dunking the camera under water! Maybe they should be in an Olympus commercial showing that you can dunk and drop the camera without harm!
Hope everyone has a great week ahead!!
1 comment:
That's awesome that you guys run together. I just recently started running (for my first time ever) & am surprised at how much I actually "like" it!! Great idea about the water bottle! I'll have to try it!
Post a Comment