Thursday, February 18, 2010

I haven't been too good about posting these lately, but here are the monthly pictures of the kids! I was just thinking that we have done this monthly for the last 5 1/2 years. Wow- where has the time gone??


Daniel is my entertainer- he LOVES to sing and dance. He can memorize a song in no time- and I'm not talking about kid songs either. We love hearing him sing in the back seat of the car. He is REALLY and I mean REALLY into Disney's Nightmare Before Christmas and he sings the songs very well. I'll have to post some video later. He is also very sweet and compassionate and very full of energy! He loves school and is learning so much every day. His smile gets me every time! He loves Disney and can't wait to go back. We're currently trying to plan something for his birthday and our anniversary. I can't wait to wake him up the morning of to go to the airport- you've never seen a kid so happy and alert at 5am!



Arianna is a little busy body- full of energy and curiosity! She mimics everything that her big brother does. At least for now, he thinks it's funny and sees what he can make her do. She loves her big brother and misses him when he's gone. I love seeing her run to him with a hug and kiss after school. I think her goal in life right now is just to drive her Daddy crazy- she does pretty well too! She can be sooooo sweet though- I love getting random hugs and kisses from her. And her smile can instantly melt away any bad feelings that I might have. Her vocabulary expands every day and even includes some not so good words (like for shirt, she misses the "r"). She isn't up to the singing yet, but she can dance right along with her big brother. She also entertains me while I work out- she mimics my workout which is hilarious at times!



Two peas in a pod for sure! They are at a great age for playing together and expending some of that energy. A nightly ritual has become a game of Tag and everyone has to participate. If one of us tries to sit down, Arianna will pull us and get us back in the game. It usually ends with lots of tickles and then bed. They play very well together and have lots of fun. I love seeing Daniel's compassion for her when she is upset- he's an awesome big brother.


We've consistently had Family Night this year and we all love it. We usually all help prepare dinner and then play games or watch a movie. Game night can be quite noisy, but tons of fun! Somehow movie night always ends up with a kid movie...just kidding- we love the movies too and wouldn't have it any other way!



Since it has been so cold lately, we've spent a lot of time entertaining ourselves in the house. This seems to be a favorite of the kids right now.... so exactly why do we have all of these other toys??? ;-) And if you are wondering, I am the one that gave them the instruments. People have always joked that they would buy my kids "noisy" toys to drive me crazy. I just say bring it on because I always buy them noisy things myself! We had to take a brief break here for a phone call from his school cancelling school the next day for the snow. There was lots of celebrating after that call!


We didn't do anything big for Valentine's Day- we're of the thinking that we don't need a Hallmark holiday to make us do what we already do. But I did get a few little things for the kids and Tony. That morning Tony brought me breakfast and roses after his 6 mile run- that was a sweet treat! I made these cookies for Daniel

Now, I know you are thinking that those aren't "Valentine's" cookies... and you're right. But when you have a kid obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas, what can you do?? And look at this face when he saw them...



Well, that's our update for now! We have to get the house cleaned today and start our weekend off right! We love having Tony work from home on Fridays and try to get everything out of the way before then...so off to clean! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

SugarEd Productions said...

OMg how the time really has flown. In fact, I was just thinking about you today or yesterday and how our freindship began when Danile was just a toddler. And now Arianna is two! You have the most gorgeous family and I have enjoyed evry minute of watching them grow and all of your fun adventures. Those kids are lucky to have such great parents, too.

I hope when I am in the nursing home ( not too long from now) that we will still be sharing pictuires and stories of our families and lives.

Mata Family said...

Thanks Sharon! You're sweet! Funny that I was thinking about that the other day as well...hmmm you getting in my head again? lol

Don't worry- I'm make sure you get a high speed internet hook up in the nursing home! ;-)